Monday, April 9, 2007

Wisteria Scarf

Wisteria Scarf Done

Pattern: My own using a basic top-down triangle shawl shape, with Evelyn Clark’s edging from the Shetland Triangle and Flower Basket Shawls

Yarn: My own homespun, fiber Australian wool roving from Holly Spring Homespun, color Dyers Delight. Finished yarn is 2-ply fingering weight 16wpi, 45g, approx 210yds, spun on Grafton Nina

Needles: Aero circular, US5 / 3.75mm

Gauge: Lace

Started: Spinning in fits and starts, plying April 6, 2007, Knitting started April 7, 2007

Completed: April 8, 2007

Finished Size: 38” x 20”

Wisteria Blocking-1

Notes:
I spun two spindles full of singles which I wound off onto PVC pipe. The pipe is part of my homemade lazy kate which worked perfectly. I added a CD to the underside of the spindle for added plying capacity. The yarn bloomed quite a bit after a soak to set the twist.

I wanted to use every bit of the plied yarn, and I did. Good thing I even plied the leftover yarn with itself from the second “half” of the singles.

I started with basic top-down triangle shawl construction and added grouped YO/decreases that flow into the edging since I didn’t want plain stockinette for the body. I plan to eliminate the partial groups from the chart for the future and also look at other simple lacy rib patterns that could be used instead.

More photos here.

No comments: