Friday, February 16, 2007

Mystery Shawl 3: Summer Into Fall

It's so big, I can't get the whole thing in the frame.

Summer into Fall Shawl

This was Mystery Shawl #3 on a Yahoo group. I set it aside for a bit, but with the deadline of the Virginia State Fair, and Arm Surgery #3 rehab underway, I had to get it done. Just finishing was reward enough and I really wasn't even going to send this shawl and another over to Richmond. Well, last minute I put them in an overnight box and off they went. Good thing too.

Summer into Fall Shawl w/Prizes

First prize for Knitted Shawls, and Best of Section for Knitting

LacyLeaves Summer into Fall

Pattern: Mystery Shawl 3, now the Goddes Knits Summer Into Fall pattern

Yarn: Anny Blatt Fine Kid, heavy laceweight mohair/wool/nylon, almost 6 balls

Needles: US6/4mm, I think

Gauge: Lace

Started: March 2006

Completed: September 2006

Finished Size: 60in square

Notes: By the time I was done, I didn't care if I ever saw mohair again! There were nearly 800 stitches on the final rounds. It's a lovely color, but the yarn has teensy slubs that mean I would probably not use it again. The shawl is very warm yet light, and is beautiful.

No comments: