Monday, February 26, 2007

Mystery Shawl 2: Flowing River

Fortunately, I had lots of good help with blocking.

Help Blocking

Pattern: Yahoo Mystery Shawl 2, now Goddess Knits - Flowing River

Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr, laceweight silk & wool, hand-dyed with Gaywool acid-dyes to a medium lavender/periwinkle, 2.6 oz = approx 825 yds. Cone purchased from Textura Trading

Flowing River Shawl Blocking

Needles: Aero 32in/80cm circular, US5/3.75mm

Gauge: Lace

Started: September 2005

Completed: January 2006

Finished Size: 80 inches x 34 inches

LacyLeaves Flowing River

Notes:

The second mystery shawl, in five clues, one per week. Construction was quite a bit more complex than MS1. Center triangle was worked, then a wide border, finally a knitted on 25st edging. Started September 30, 2005, I kept pace well with the first four clues, then lost steam with the endless edging. This shawl went with me to Dominica in late October, was put away for xmas knitting, then finally finished on a trip to Dad’s in Jan 2006.

The Zephyr is a fine laceweight, easy to knit, quite soft, with a nice subtle sheen. It seems warm for its weight. Finished wt of shawl is just 2.6oz.

Flowing River Shawl

This shawl won a First Prize for Knitted Lace and Best of Section for Lace - Amateur

1 comment:

qwerty said...

Hi Margaret! Wow - that shawl is fantastic! Congratulations on the win!! The colour is so, so pretty. I love the points - that's the look I was going for on my Shetland Triangle. I think I'm going to re-block mine - I still love it and want to wear it. (I think it was the fiber content that really threw me off - it didn't stay blocked out really well). Anyway, your shawl is a knockout!